Our self-talk (you know the monologue that takes place inside our mind) can actually be really positive, providing it is there for support and encouragement.
As humans, we are constantly in conversation with ourselves and this inner dialogue is either making a positive or negative impact on our daily actions and behaviours.
The first way to test what sort of contribution your self-talk is making, is to really listen to what your inner voice is telling you. These are the words and phrases that you routinely say to yourself. Your self-talk patterns can be broken down into one of three ways:
a) generally negative, self-destructive and feeds stress and anxiety
b) generally positive with support and encouragement - or
c) a combination of both a and b depending on what is going on in your life..
It's no surprise that positive thinking and speaking will help you with stress management, boost your confidence and can improve your general health. Our actions and behaviours are inspired by our thoughts so if we can learn to change the way we think and speak to ourselves, we can begin to make changes in our actions.
Here are 50 phrases to create a shift in your self-talk patterns. In with positivity and self-love - out with the inner critic!
1) I am enough. I do enough and I have enough.
2) I accept everything I am, the way I am.
3) I value myself. I value my mind, body, emotions and my spirit.
4) I am worthy of all that I desire.
5) I love and appreciate myself and it's ok to make mistakes.
6) Small steps will make significant changes. I will continue making small steps daily.
7) I believe in myself. I'm excited about my talents and qualities.
8) Negativity is an old story that I am no longer willing to tell myself.
9) I am unique. There is no need to compare myself to others.
10) I am in charge of my own life. I make the best possible decisions for myself based on what I know currently.
11) Today I choose to treat myself like my own best friend.
12) I choose positive thoughts.
13) I understand the power of my self-talk and choose to select thoughts that are positive and uplifting.
14) I am tougher and braver than I may appear.
15) My worth is untarnished by my imperfections or how others choose to see me.
16) It is ok to want the best for myself and to pursue the things that bring me peace and joy.
17) Each day I am one step closer to becoming the person I want to be.
18) I handle bumps in the road with grace and tranquility.
19) Everything is happening according to a greater plan.
20) I love myself no matter what.
21) Everything I need is already within me.
22) I am open to receiving love and happiness.
23) I am healthy, happy and live in abundance.
24) Each day is a new beginning.
25) Every setback is an opportunity to learn.
26) I am always growing and learning.
27) I will change what I can and make peace with what I can't.
28) I choose the contents of my life.
29) I no longer resist the lessons I'm learning.
30) Today, I release all things that no longer serve me.
31) I abandon old habits and choose new, positive ones.
32) I transform negative energy into love and light.
33) I've done more than enough today.
34) Breathe and breathe again.
35) Even though I feel stressed, I completely love and accept myself.
36) In every moment, positivity is a choice.
37) All is well.
38) I choose to slow down if things are moving too fast for me.
39) I forgive myself.
40) I release all expectations that are leading to stress and fear.
41) I choose to only look back to see how far I've come.
42) Even though I cannot control everything that happens, I can control my attitude.
43) The story of my life has many chapters, I will continue to turn each page.
44) I will not doubt who I am or what I am capable of.
45) Worrying is a massive waste of time and energy. It will not achieve anything positive.
46) I have complete faith that everything will work out. Maybe not as I plan it, but just how it's meant to be.
47) My options are endless.
48) I acknowledge my self-worth. My confidence is rising.
49) I love the person I am becoming.
50) I am growing and changing for the better.
Confidence is like a seed, it must be watered and tendered to with care. Gradually as you learn to become more aware of your thoughts, you will find yourself nurturing your seed.
Love & Light
xx Sandra Stoitis